Evidence Based Marketing
evidence Based Marketing (eBM) is our in-house developed marketing methodology. Using our experiences, and client input, we put together a group of standardized processes to create a strong decision making foundation while keeping flexibility. To remain a current and reliable source, while maintaining leading edge applicability, the methodology is being constantly updated.
Through eBM, we are able to proactively identify financial and time saving opportunities. We are able to analyze processes, seeing gaps, or overlays, that normally go undetected, passing though analysis meetings as necessary expenditures, increasing the different supporting budgets. eBM helps us to make the invisible visible. Therefore, using our our eBM technology, our customers are able to maximize their sales and profit margins in our ever changing digital world.
It is built around five simple strategies; Focused Support, Auto-Initiated Updates, Economy of Effort, Process-to-Process Dependency, and eBM Processology.
Five eBM Strategies (Five Steps to Marketing Success):
- Focused Support: Using our experience of learning’s, and client input, each process is customized to support the campaign objectives, budgets, goals, and deadlines.
- Auto-Initiated Updates: These are updates to our methodology, and internal processes, triggered triggered by events such as, new evidence from published “best practices”, proven market trends, and legitimate external economic impacts.
- Economy of Effort: To keep our prices competitive, and offset additional costs from unforeseen external impacts,we are constantly reviewing our quality of data. We do this through our constant, and tireless efforts to identify any redundancy in our processes. Duplicate effort cost’s us time and our clients money. While “economy of effort” gives responsibility and allows reliance, comfort in data quality is accomplished through a six-sigma type procedure in our “Process-to-Process Dependency”.
- Process-to-Process Dependency: Campaign success happens through the meticulous planning from business idea to client purchase. To help ensure a successful campaign cycle, specific processes must take place from start to finish. Each process identifies, analyzes, and valuates the process yield, and passes the findings onto the next process. To increase the probability of success, and decrease cost, each process is directly dependent on accurate input from the previous process, else risking campaign failure. If this does not happen, the process is halted, and updated.
- AYKM Factor (Ranking Analysis): Staying focused, working diligently, and assigning the best talent, are paramount when it comes to campaign success. However, all is of no consequence if the AYKM Factor has not been measured, and discussed. AYKM is the measurement of common sense, practicality, taking everything intangible into consideration and giving it a score of one through ten. Ten being total confidence from all voters. AYKM stands for “Are You Kidding Me”.
In our haste to succeed, when we have our backs against our financial wall, we tend to make irrational decisions, and convince ourselves we have a winner totally ignoring the large elephant in the room. While everyone in the room may want the new campaign to exceed all expectations, secretly they all feel it is a waste of company money and time. Yet, no one wants to be the bad guy, so no one brings up the obvious.
Making AYKM an official step allows the conversation to happen without fear of being labeled. I will discuss the process further into this section. But for now, just make sure you give this step serious attention. It may save you a lot of embarrassment, maybe even your company.